Equip Providers with the Best Practices for Working With an Interpreter
- Reduce Miscommunication & Errors
- Increase Patient Satisfaction
- Improve Medical Outcomes
1 in every 5 people in the United States speaks a language other than English at home.*
*United States Census Bureau American Community Survey, 2019
Better Communication, Better Care
In order to decrease misunderstandings and improve satisfaction for both patients and providers, it’s important to have an understanding of the best practices for working with an interpreter.
This whitepaper is designed to help you:
- Understand the benefits of using a qualified interpreter
- Recognize what an interpreter can and cannot do
- Master communicating with an interpreter
- Highlight tips for remote communication
Equip providers with the resources to provide better care to all patients, no matter what language they speak.
Download your free guide today: